featured guest: {julie mcgann fine art}

Thursday, April 17, 2014



My name is Julie McGann - a Creative Photographer & Digital Artist based in Rochester, NY - Specializing in Whimsical Fantasy Portraits. I bring children's imagination to life worldwide through Illustrative Portraiture. Part painting, part photograph, my whimsical creations have captivated families across the globe! Children are dreamers! I capture the art of childhood and make a keepsake to cherish forever.  Featured on the cover of Shutter Magazine, Sal Cincotta has nicknamed me the "Daydream Believer" of the photography world!   http://www.behindtheshutter.com/magazines/2014_april/  


Each picture is completely different and custom made to the child's imaginary vision. The possibilities are endless! I love to share the child's imaginary idea on Facebook, so everyone can see how we worked together to make their very special portrait! The photo sessions we have together are the most unique sessions they will ever experience! The best part about my job is that I can offer these unique portraits to any child in the rest of the world through use of their personal photos!


I am drawn to magical storybook fairytale-like photography from reading many books to my children when they were little. I loved the stories portrayed and how my kids would want to be friends with the characters. When I make portraits of children, I like to channel my inner little girl, because it brings me back to a happy place. I love seeing the joy in each child's face when they describe the details of their most fascinating fantasies! Children are dreamers and I really wanted to find a way to make their fantasies come true just once by capturing the art of childhood.









 
Before becoming a photographer, I was a K-12 Special Education Music Teacher for children with Emotional Behavioral Disability. Music served as a calming source to soothe anxieties and stimulate non-verbal communication and self expression. In return, they show improved self esteem. I enjoyed bringing smiles to children's faces in the midst of their emotional turmoil. I feel the same way with my photography. I can make the impossible possible for children...just as I brought on the smiles for these children. Photography is my dream job and I am very grateful that I found a way to document each child's early fantasies as a keepsake for the entire family! I couldn't imagine doing anything else! 

{Julie McGann Fine Art}: facebook | website


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Gratitude Collaborative All rights reserved © Blog Milk - The Gratitude Collaborative